This page will explain you how to generate a Security Token and how you can use it to authenticate against our API.
What is an API Token?
Php Api Example
Generate a random number using your favourite random-number generator; Multiply and divide it to get a number matching the number of characters in your code alphabet; Get the item at that index in your code alphabet. Repeat from 1) until you have the length you want; e.g (in pseudo code).
Security information: API tokens are like passwords, they allow total access to your account, do no share them! If you believe one of your tokens was compromised, delete it and create a new one.
API tokens are unique identifiers associated with your Scaleway account and consist of an Access Key and a Secret Key. The Secret key is required to authenticate against our API and will only be displayed when you create the token. Make sure to take a note of it and to keep it secret.
- Definition and Usage. The rand function generates a random integer. Tip: If you want a random integer between 10 and 100 (inclusive), use rand (10,100). Tip: The mtrand function produces a better random value, and is 4 times faster than rand.
- Fake STEAM Key Generator Since I have put my game engine and my survival game on Steam, I am getting quite a lot of requests for free steam keys. Some of these requests are valid, made by nice youtubers and twitchers, but a lot of them are made by scammers, pretending to be a popular youtuber or similar but easy to make out to be an impostor, trying just to get a handful of free keys, in order.
What are Access Key and Secret Key?
Before you can start using our API, you need to generate a Security Key and Access Key pair. Consider the Access Key as a login, and the secret key as a password. A token is the pair of those 2 values.
- An Access Key can identify a token.
- Itâ€™s not a sensitive piece of information.
- The Secret Key is the value that can be used to authenticate against the API (the value used in X-Auth-Token HTTP-header).
- The secret must stay secret and not given to anyone or publish online.
Each Scaleway account can have several tokens (so several pairs of access-key + secret). Several tokens are useful to give different applications access to the same Scaleway account. However, you remain in control and you can revoke access to any application individually.
Php Generate Random Api Key Download
Tokens that have been generated before the introduction of the Secret Key can be used without restriction. For Security reasons it is recommended to use Secret Keys whenever possible.
How to generate an API Token?
- Open the drop-down menu on your account name and click on Credentials.
- To generate a new token, click on Generate new token in the Tokens section of the page.
- The Access Key and the Secret Key will show on your screen. Take a note of the Secret Key as it will not be recoverable.
- Execute a command through our API (e.g. List your servers) with your API Token
With the new rules and API version 3 changes YouTube is requiring all users that want to view videos outside of YouTubes website to register and create a Project to access the API. The good news is this process is fairly simple.
In order for you to get the YouTube feed working you need an API Key. Here is the process to obtain that.
- Go to https://developers.google.com/ and log in or create an account, if necessary.
- After logging in go to this link https://console.developers.google.com/project and click on the blue CREATE PROJECT button as depicted in the photo below. Wait a moment as google prepares your project.
- Fill in whatever Project Name you want.
- Then click GoogleAPIs link in the top left corner and then click the link option called “YouTube Data API.” It’s under YouTube API’s. You can see it highlighted in the photo below, bottom right.
- Now click on the “ENABLE” button.
- Next click on the blue ‘Go to Credentials’ button to the right.
- Choose the select option YouTube Data API v3 for the first select option and Web server(e.g. node js. Tomcat) for the second selection. Then choose Public data. Now click the blue button, “What credentials do I need?.”
- Almost done, wait for google to create your new project and you should see the screen below where you can copy your API Key.
- Paste the API Key in our YouTube Options menu page as depicted below.
VERY IMPORTANT: If you get an error notice the best thing to do we have found in the trials here is to absolutely delete the Public API access. Then add it again.
That’s it, you’re done!
Videos not working?
Trouble Shooting Tip for a non-listed registry provider while attempting to verify your website at Google. It turns out that the DNS CNAME entry for Google is required in some instances (when choosing “Other” from their registry provider list). It’s possible the old CNAME will block the new CNAME from working if you do not do this.